Understanding Sqquid's Product Sync Modes
The simplest way to think about Sqquid's product sync modes is they define the way in which Sqquid communicates product data to your e-commerce channel.
We have two types:
When a product/s is set for inventory sync, we'll only push the quantities into your e-commerce channel.
The other changes that need to be made in that product, such as name, price, etc, would need to be changed directly in the E-commerce.
This is the most flexible of both, it will allow choosing exactly the data (prices, description, quantities, and so on) you want to keep synced with your e-commerce (This needs to be adjusted in the first setup)
What is important to know if I want to do a full sync but I already have old products in my E-commerce?
The products need to have a 1:1 state between the styles in the POS and the Ecommerce.
Meaning, for each RunIt style there is one and only one Shopify product containing all barcodes as variants, and vice versa, for each product and variant there is only one style that contains all barcodes that correspond to the variants.
- The changes made in the POS system will update the products in the E-commerce if it has any differences between them.
Meaning, the products will be true to the details that were created in the POS system. This can be adjusted in the channel settings in Sqquid, leaving only the updates that the client requires enabled.
- Only price and inventory can be updated with this type of sync, but they must be set before the first synchronization.
That is, it is important to configure enabled updates for all products. This can open the possibility of changing the fields of the products in Ecommerce freely. This, then, cannot be changed because it will update the entire product catalog based on the information received from the POS system.
This question needs to be answered before selecting one of the two options:
Do I want to update/change a product's options once it is in Shopify?
Do I want to change the name of the options?
Do I want to change the order of the options?
If one of them it's a yes, it's important to be aware before the first synchronization if it's all correctly set.
When to choose one or the other?
There are 2 base criteria:
a. When you are integrating Sqquid with an eCommerce that already had existing products in it.
- Only want an inventory sync update on my ecommerce.
- I want other updates such as price, title, attributes, etc. THIS CAN BE SELECTED.
b. When you have a new eCommerce that doesn't have existing products.
Where is this setting?
a. If you want to set a Sync default for a eCommerce Channel:
1. Select the "Channels" section located in the left vertical menu (1) and then, click on the "Edit" option located in the Channel's row for which you want to select the default (2).
2. In the 'Default Product Sync Status' option, click on the dropdown (2) and choose the Sync you want as
b . If you want to set it a product level:
1. Access the channel that holds the product (1) we need and click on the edit button (2):
2. For each product for which you want to define the sync type, click on the 'Sync Status' cell (this applies at the parent level) and choose between 'Full Sync' or 'Inventory Sync,' then, make sure the 'Sync' box is checked for the product's parent (3) and for all variants you want to keep in sync with your e-commerce (4).
Note: Keep in mind that whatever you set for a specific product will override whatever you had as a default, meaning: if you have the channel's default as 'Inventory Sync' and you set a product for 'Full Sync', said product's sync will be 'Full Sync'.
Wrapping it Up
There is still stuff to be done here, but you already finished the first steps which are fundamental to going deeper and getting to the next level with us!
If you have any comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate and contact us and we'll get back to you ASAP.